Duke of Edinburgh Award – Skills Section
Spark4Kids are an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the Duke of Edinburgh Award (Skills Section), and we offer online computer coding and touch-typing courses designed for DofE participants. Do note that these course are also open to non-DofE Participants.
Attendees can register for 3, 6 or 12 months – perfect for DofE participants completing their Bronze, Silver or Gold Skills levels. Assessor Reports will be submitted for attendees on completion.
Suitable for absolute beginners through to those looking to develop and improve their coding and typing skills, these online courses encourage young people to grow more confident in their abilities.
At Spark4Kids, we encourage attendees to experiment, make mistakes, learn from these experiences, and take ownership of the code they write – in their own time, and at their own pace.
- Attendees can start a course at any time during the school year
- All courses have LIVE! tutors supporting attendees during online sessions
- Full training on using our online classroom is provided to attendees
- Sessions run for an hour on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings
- These courses are open to non-DofE participants, and can be attended before registration with DofE
- Our terms follow the school calendar, for the convenience of participants and their families
Online DofE Courses
These courses are designed for DofE participants aged 13-17 years completing their Bronze, Silver and Gold levels over 3-months, 6-months and 12-months. All courses listed below are appropriate for both absolute beginners and experienced attendees, with real-time tutor-led support being provided in a LIVE! online classroom environment.
To find out more or to book an online course, please click on the individual course links below.
- Computer coding – Online Python 4 DofE: learn the highly sought-after life skill of computer coding using Python, one of the most popular coding languages on the planet
- Games design – Online Unity 4 DofE: learn how to create mobile and desktop games from the ground up using the professional coding language C# and Unity 3D games engine
- Touch-typing – Online Typing 4 DofE: learn the super-useful life skill of touch-typing on this introductory course to improve typing speed, accuracy and overall confidence
Start at Anytime
Kindly note that our Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold courses can be started at any time. If you want to reserve your space now but have your child start at a later date, kindly book and include your preferred starting week in the learner notes.
DofE Term Dates 2023
Our DofE classes can be joined at any time during the school term, with participants attending classes until they complete their quota of sessions.
Please note that there will be no coding sessions on the following dates:
- May Half Term: 29th May – 4th June 2023
- Summer Holidays: 17th July – 11th September 2023
Note that the above times are London/UK times – please convert to your local time to ensure the online classes work for you.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- 2 participants booking together – 8% off
- 3-5 participants booking as a group – 12% off
- 6-10 participants booking as a group – 20% off
We offer even bigger discounts if you are a group of 11 or more participants booking together. To access these discounts do get in touch with us: DofE Group Discount Form
Pay Monthly by Instalments
Kindly note that all of our Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver and Gold courses offer the option to pay monthly in instalments. To find out more about our payment plans do get in touch with us: Contact Form