Part-time Assistant Coding Tutor
Are you a computer coder with a passion for all things coding in general? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to work part-time and be paid to teach young children how to write computer code?
Spark4Kids is hiring!
We are based in South-East London and specialise in teaching children computer coding. We are looking for passionate coders to help our young students learn to code! For this role, all training and teaching materials will be provided.
No experience is required, however if you are invited for interview your technical skills will be tested. You will also be subjected to a DBS check, as you will be working with children. Apply below.
NO WORK EXPERIENCE? NO PROBLEM!
Professional experience is not a pre-requisite; however you will need to demonstrably show (during interview and/or with actual projects you have created) an understanding of computer coding.
Of interest are as many of the following skills as possible:
Do you have any of these technical skills?
- Popular programming languages, e.g., Python, C#/Java
- Ability to demonstrate coding ability
- Eager to learn new skills, and to do so quickly
- Patient with a pleasant demeanour, dependable, approachable and polite
- Punctual, good at time-keeping and time management
- Enjoys interacting with young children, liaising with parents
- Happy to participate in developing courseware (in conjunction with other Spark4Kids staff)
- Follow set goals and guidance
- Providing help to and mentoring children
You will be:
- An aspiring software developer (e.g., pursuing a university degree in computer science)
- Someone with knowledge of computer coding in multiple computer languages
- Actively creating your coding projects and would love the opportunity to be paid to teach children
- Able to work weekend mornings (Saturday or Sunday) during the school term
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for Spark4Kids, you will be:
- Working in a fun, vibrant environment where creating code, and testing the children’s creations is part of your job
- Building up experience for your future career
- Able to work hours that suit you/your study
- Paid to do something you already enjoy doing – be part of designing/creating programs, and helping children design and create their own!
This role is based in West Dulwich, south-east London (12 minutes by train from London Victoria). You will be required to take a technical test as part of the interview process. Applicants will be DBS-checked prior to final job offer being made.
The position primarily entails working weekend mornings on Saturdays and/or Sundays, during the school term. All tutors also have the opportunity to earn extra by tutoring during Holiday Workshops (i.e., Summer, Christmas, Easter breaks).
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK/EU
- A UK/EU Drivers Licence is not required
- A car is not required
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please complete the following form, uploading your up-to-date CV.