Part-time Computer Games Tutor in South-East London back
We are based in South-East London and specialise in teaching children how to write computer code through creating their own computer games. We are looking for passionate games developers to help our young students learn to code!
Please get in touch, making sure to include your CV with your application, if all of the following applies to you:
- You are an aspiring games developer (e.g., pursuing a university degree in computer games
- You have solid knowledge of various game creation tools and platforms
- You are actively creating your own games
- You are looking for a unique opportunity to be paid to teach children how to create their
- own games
- You are able to work weekend mornings (Saturday or Sunday). during the school term
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for Spark4Kids, you will be:
- Working in a fun, vibrant environment where playing games (testing the children’s creations)
- is part of your job
- Building up experience for your future career
- Able to work hours that suit you/your study
- Paid to do something you already enjoy doing – be part of designing/creating games, and helping children design and create their own!
Professional experience is not a pre-requisite, however you will need to demonstrably show (during interview and/or with actual games you have created or published) a deep knowledge and understanding of games development.
Of interest are as many of the following skills as possible:
- Stencyl, Game Maker Studio, GameSalad, Unity3D, Unreal Engine, Construct 2 etc.
- ability to demonstrate coding ability (with games in development, published games etc.)
- general coding ability, knowledge of languages such as C# or Java and other languages would
- be a bonus
- eager to learn new skills, and to do so quickly
- Inter-personal Skills
- patient with a pleasant demeanour, dependable, approachable and polite
- punctual, good at time-keeping and time management
- enjoys teaching and interacting with young children, liaising with parents
- Tutoring Skills
- happy to participate in developing courseware (in conjunction with other Spark4Kids staff)
- goal-setting, guidance and technical support
- providing help to and mentoring children
This role is based in West Dulwich, south-east London (10 minutes by train from London Victoria). You will be required to take a technical test as part of the interview process. Applicants will be DBS-
checked prior to final job offer being made.
The position primarily entails working a couple of hours (mornings) at weekends on either Saturdays or Sundays, during the school term.
All tutors also have the option of taking time off during school holidays (i.e., Summer, Christmas,Easter breaks), although the opportunity to earn extra cash by tutoring during Holiday Workshops also exists, if that is your preference.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK/EU
- A cover letter is required
- A UK/EU Drivers Licence is not required
- A car is not required
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Email your CV to spark4kids _at_ applications.recruiterbox _dot_ com using the exact subject line of “Games Coder/Tutor”
- Please include a covering letter in the email
- Please do not contact Spark4Kids using any method outside of the email provided above, in relation to this role
- We receive a lot of applications and so have to be strict about following the above process